Jesus the Life! “Begin and End in Hope” 8.28.16 – Pastor Lerum
“Begin and End In Hope” – Mark 2:1-12 – Pastor Bruce Lerum
The fruit of faith is the realization of hope.
The realization of hope is that Jesus is at the end of the journey.
Mark 2:4 “Since they could not get him to Jesus because of the crowd, they made an opening in the roof above Jesus by digging through it and then lowered the mat the man was lying on.”
Hope does not guarantee that difficult times in life will get better.
Hope placed in this life brings only huge disappointment.
Mark 2:6-7 “Now some teachers of the law were sitting there, thinking to themselves, “Why does this fellow talk like that? He’s blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?”
“How we think is what we will do and what we will become.” – Randy Frazee
Live hope now! Enjoy it later, forever.
1 Corinthians 15:54 “The saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”
1. The adversities and sufferings of life come unexpectedly. How do we deal with them? What is our approach?
2. Faith and hope come hand in hand. What is the difference between hope and faith?
3. What difference does hope make in the way we live?
4. Martyrs live and die in the hope of Christ. Why would they choose hope in Christ over continued life on earth?
5. How does hope in Christ influence the way we think? the way we live?