“Ready for Life & Death” – John 14:1-6 – Pastor Bruce Lerum
Life is full of extremes – emotions; relationships.
God is full of assurances that these extremes are resolvable.
Romans 8:38-39 “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
Death is only an event for the survivors; a time of separation.
It is really just a short transition from earthly life to forever life.
2 Timothy 1:10 “This grace was given us in Christ Jesus … who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.”
God has prepared a place for you here and there, both.
Home, Sweet, Home.
John 14:3 “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.”
1. In the 17th century, Blaise Pascal made this statement. “God is or He is not.” Many don’t know the answer to this conundrum. What is involved in determining which is correct? Are you willing to take that gamble?
2. God offers us salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. This is the path to heaven, not hell. How did that happen?
3. We live two lives; one on either side of death. How does knowing this affect your life from now on?
4. When we measure our lives on either side of death, one is nearly non-existent compared to the length of the other. Which is more important for you to tend to? (This may be a trick question.)
5. How does one impact the other?
6. You are part of the salvation process for other lives. What do or can you actively be or do to fulfill that role?
THRIVENT CHOICE AT CHRIST THE VICTOR
We are pleased to announce that Christ the Victor is offering the Thrivent Choice® program.
By directing Choice Dollars®, eligible Thrivent members can recommend which nonprofit organizations they feel should receive charitable grant funding from Thrivent. With Thrivent Choice®, you can recommend where some of Thrivent Financial’s charitable outreach funds go. Since 2010, members have used this program to direct $300 million to churches and nonprofits nationwide.
If you have Choice Dollars available to direct, please consider directing them to Christ the Victor.
To learn more about Thrivent Choice…
— Visit Thrivent.com/thriventchoice
— Call Thrivent at 800-847-4836, and say “Thrivent Choice” when prompted.