“Salvation is Certain” – John 3:1-16 – Pastor Bruce Lerum
We are not entitled to Salvation!
God is NOT obligated to offer Salvation to mankind.
Ephesians 2:8-9 “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God – not by works, so that no one can boast.”
Our good works do not in any way contribute to a right relationship with God.
Good works are our expression of our relationship with God.
Romans 10:10 “For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.”
Salvation is not something we can earn or deserve.
We walk in grace. We offer grace to others.
John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
1. What is this “salvation” that we talk about?
2. In Acts 2:37 the people asked Peter what they had to do. How does Peter’s answer apply in our lives?
3. What does it mean to repent?
4. How do I have a relationship with God?
5. What difference does/should/will this make in the way we live our lives TODAY and moving forward? Will it involve a change in us? If so, how?