“Who and Whose You Are” – John 1:6-13 – Pastor Bruce Lerum
Too often the negative voice of our past wants to inform us of who we are.
God wants us to know exactly who and whose we really are.
Romans 7:24 “What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death?…”
Now is the time to start seeing ourselves as God sees us.
Many struggle to accept God’s grace and mercy.
Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”
As children of God, we are challenged and inspired in our daily lives.
“Be Jesus with skin on.” – Randy Frazee
John 1:12 “Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.”
1. What are some of the bad deals you’ve made in the course of your life?
2. How do fear, anger, guilt and desperation promote poor decision-making?
3. How have people and events from your past instilled doubt into your mind and limited your ability to take risks and live into the fullness of your potential?
4. What would happen if you treated your “new identity and inheritance” in baptism like winning the lottery or receiving an earthly inheritance?
5. Can you honestly say that you trust Jesus for your need to be loved, secure and significant? If not what would you need to do that?
6. How do you think behaviors like building others up and feeling comfortable talking about what Jesus means to you reveals how much grace and mercy has been poured into your life?