“The Cross Spangled Banner” – 2 Chronicles 7:14-21 , John18:33-37
God is quite clear on His expectations of us – as individuals and a nation.
We are quite inept at living up to them.
“If My people, who are called by My name, shall humble themselves, pray, seek, crave, and require of necessity My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.” – 2 Chronicles 7:14
Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross fulfilled those expectations once and for all.
Fly the cross as proudly as we fly the flag.
“And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death—even death on a cross!” – Philippians 2:8
“One nation under God”
“In God we trust.”
“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God, believe also in me.” – John 14:1
1. What does God expect of us as His children?
2. How are we at living up to or fulfilling those expectations?
3. What did God do so that those expectations are met?
4. God’s only expectation of us, that can really happen, is total commitment to Him. How can that happen?
5. Freedom as a nation comes from this same commitment. Keeping the discussion centered around God, what can we do as individuals, as a group, and as a church to ensure this?