DARE TO: Believe While You Wait – Genesis 22:1-14 – Pastor Bruce Lerum
There are many things we do better than wait.
Not knowing exactly what we are waiting for makes waiting more difficult.
Jesus said, “Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about.” – Acts 1:4
God’s track record with Abraham, as with us, is unblemished.
Our track record with God is otherwise.
“Sarah became pregnant and bore a son to Abraham in his old age, at the very time God had promised him.” – Genesis 21:2
When we think, as we wait, about what we can’t do, we forget about what God can do.
God comes through in the most challenging circumstances.
Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” – Matthew 19:26
1. Is there something in your life now for which you are waiting on God?
2. What do you think God is trying to teach you as you wait in the present state of your faith?
3. How has God answered your prayers in the past?
4. How much have you devoted to praying in your present circumstances?
5. Have you ever made a prayer request on a prayer chain (Christ the Victor’s prayer chain or another one)? How recently?