DARE TO: Take the Initiative – John 6:5-13 – Pastor Bruce Lerum
“What are you pretending God isn’t telling you to do?” Rick Warren
Delayed obedience is disobedience.
In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. – 1 John 5:3
Obey God completely.
Obey God gladly.
I will hasten and not delay to obey your commands. – Psalm 119:60
An active faith means to:
- Join a church
- Start tithing
- Join a LYFE group
- Get involved in ministry
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. – Philippians 4:13
1. How would you rate yourself when it comes to obeying God immediately, without delay, argument or excuse?
2. How would you rate yourself when it comes to obeying God completely, not picking and choosing the parts you like?
3. How would you rate yourself when it comes to obeying God joyfully, with a pleasant attitude?
4. How would you rate yourself when it comes to obeying God continually, not on and off or only when you feel like it?
5. Could there be an area of your life where you are waiting for God to do something and it’s really a matter of God waiting for you to do something that is the issue?
6. Where/how might you be pretending that God isn’t telling you what He’d like you to do?