Sermon CtV and VLC 4:00 – Matt 2:13-23
Is God on the run? Really?
Jesus is a threat to our culture.
Matthew 2:13b “Get up,” he said, “take the child and his mother and escapew to Egypt.”
God controls not only the time and place, but also the means to accomplish purposes.
God comes to save; never to destroy.
It is only dependence on ourselves and our culture that will destroy us.
In our surrender is our salvation.
- In Matt 2:13, an angel appeared to Joseph in a dream. Putting yourself in Joseph’s sandals, how would you react to an angel appearing to you?
- Knowing that Mary had seen and spoken to an angel in Luke 1, How do you think she reacted to Joseph’s taking them to Egypt?
- Are there times when God has seemed closer to you than other times? What were those occasions or events?
- Are you willing to surrender your life and follow God, like Joseph, where ever He leads?
- What does that surrender mean in terms of your daily living? Your use of time? Abilities? Wealth?