“Give Thanks for the Sacrifices of Faith” – Mark 12:41-44 (Widows Mite) – Pastor Bruce Lerum
Some give, worried they might run short.
Some give, trusting God’s provision no matter what!
“They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.” – Mark 12:44
Jesus knows how much we have because He gave it to us.
Giving out of thanks means giving…generous giving, sacrificial giving.
“In the midst of a very severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity.” – 2 Corinthians 8:2
Trusting God, that is faith, moves us to act.
Acting is the giving of all of our resources; not exclusive to one form.
“But since you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in the love we have kindled in you —see that you also excel in this grace of giving.” – 2 Corinthians 8:7
1. Take 90 seconds and write down all of the blessings you can think of.
2. Pick one of those blessings and talk about where it came from; how it has impacted your life.
3. How many of those blessings could you live without? If you gave them up now, how would their absence impact your life?
4. It has been said, “Give until it feels good.” For you personally, when do you reach that point? Have you ever reached that point?
5. How do you decide how much you can/should give? Is it the first thing listed in your budget making?
6. Does your faith in God’s provision play a part in your giving decisions? Remember, it may be as difficult to give of your (actually God’s) time as it is of your (actually God’s) money.