And God Said: “What You Don’t Know CAN Hurt You” – Hosea 4:4-12 – Pastor Bruce Lerum
Knowledge of God is not the same as acknowledging God.
When we acknowledge and believe in God, then we are one with Him.
Hosea 4:5 “You stumble day and night, and the prophets stumble with you.”
We see the failure to acknowledge God as Israel’s (the USA’s) basic problem.
Those who deny God, stand in peril!
Hosea 4:6 “My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge.”
Leading others falsely can cause them to NOT KNOW.
We are accountable to lead in truth.
Mark 24:42 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.”
1. To acknowledge God’s existence is not the same as believing and trusting in God. What IS the difference?
2. When accountability is required, grace is still present. Where do you see God’s grace when we are called to be accountable to Him?
3. With rampant materialism in our culture, what is our role when we are also greatly blessed?
4. Many have and continue to predict the second coming of Jesus. What should we be doing to be ready if it happens today?
5. For whom are we accountable to God as we believe and trust God’s promises while leading life everyday?