“This Will Be On The Test” – Micah 6:6-8 – Pastor Bruce Lerum
- Delayed his travel plans
- Risked danger to himself
- Spent two days wages with promise to reimburse innkeeper
Inconveniencing ourselves is too often not a dominant part of our social DNA.
Luke 10:35 “Look after him,” he said, “and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.”
God requires only three things of us:
- Do justice
- Love mercy
- Walk humbly with your God
Micah 6:8b “And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.”
1. In terms of Micah 6:6-8, what does it mean to “Do justice?”
2. Who is your neighbor? (Think about the story of the Good Samaritan)
3. Mercy is not receiving what we deserve. What does it mean to “Love mercy?” How does “Loving mercy” impact the way we see others?
4. Now, who is your neighbor?
5. What does it mean to “Walk humbly with your God?” Who follows whom? Has there been any change of your perception of who your neighbor is?