“Be Filled With Joy” – Luke 15:1-7 – Pastor Bruce Lerum
Joy in Christ doesn’t eliminate the negative aspects of life.
Joy: Facing each day’s ups & downs through the contentment that Christ offers.
James 1:2-3 “Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.”
Joy lets you plan as though you’ll live forever (because you will) and live as though you’ll die tomorrow (because you will on some tomorrow).
Philippians 4:12-13 “I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.”
People see the change in countenance in a follower of Jesus.
The joy Christ offers is contagious!
Luke 15:6 “Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’”
1. Jesus often responded to challenges from Jewish leaders with parables. What is a parable? Why did Jesus use them?
2. The shepherd invited his friends and neighbors to “Rejoice with me.” Why was it so important to celebrate finding one sheep out of 100? Does this correlate to the saving of one person for Christ? How?
3. Eternal joy comes with faith in Christ. How can we find joy in the idle of the hardships of life?
4. What gives you true happiness and contentment in life? Make a list.
5. Being joyful in all events of life can be obvious to those around us. What does it mean to be contagious for Christ?