“No Need To Be Anxious” – John 14:25-27 – Pastor Bruce Lerum
Peace is not the absence of trouble…but the presence of contentment.
Christ’s presence always makes peace available.
John 14:27 “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.”
Choosing peace can be a difficult path to take.
Too often we would rather choose to hold a grudge or seek revenge.
God can even work miracles in our enemies.
Romans 12:18 “If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.”
As troubles rise, tempers flare, and egos clash… choose peace.
When our foundation is the peace of Christ, life is more stable.
Philippians 4:7 “And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
1. Where do I find strength to battle anxiety and fear?
2. Darkness is the absence of light. How is anxiety the absence of peace?
3. Anxiety is often caused by a poor personal relationship. Trusting that God can work miracles with even the most injured relationship, what is your part? Saying “I’m sorry” even if you don’t believe you are to blame?
4. How is that a witness of your faith? What does behavior contrary to that type of witness say about your relationship with Christ?
5. How do we receive the peace available through Jesus Christ?
6. After receiving that peace, what does it take to sustain and increase that peace?