Sermon – Oct 19 CtV
Fan or Follower
No Jesus or Know Jesus
When you come to the fork in the road, take it!
Whichever choices we make impact the next choice.
A life on cruise control leads down the road to destruction.
When what we say we believe and what we really believe are in conflict, we confuse our faith with our feelings.
A follower and good fruit go hand in hand. It’s only natural.
For a follower, the bar of commitment is continually raised to a higher level.
- Jesus tells us to take the narrow gate instead of the wide gate. What is the narrow gate of which Jesus speaks?
- If there is NO Jesus in our life, the narrow gate may look as if it is closed or nonexistent. What might that look like to an unbeliever? What are some of the wide gates in an unbeliever’s life?
- To KNOW Jesus changes our perspective of life. The narrow gates begin to “look” wider. Does that mean that our choices align more completely with Jesus?
- Followers KNOW Jesus and their lives are changed. As an observation over a period of months or years, how has your life changed as you KNOW Jesus more?
- Worded another way, the more you become a Follower of Jesus, how do you expect your life to change?