LIFE IS A HIGHWAY: “Are We There Yet?” – Matthew 6:31-34 – Pastor Bruce Lerum
Much of life is spent wondering “What’s around the corner?”
Before we think about that, we usually consider “When are we going to come to the corner?”
Matthew 6:31 “‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’”
Inexperience is “Okay” because we’re on a need-to-know basis with God, anyway.
Learn to celebrate that.
Philippians 4:4 “Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!”
The corner’s behind us already.
Just look forward to God’s kingdom; “…on earth, as it is in heaven.”
Matthew 6:33 “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”
1. Birds and flowers don’t consider what tomorrow will bring. How do we explain that?
2. In the whole scope of God’s creation, how are we any different than they?
3. We may think we have an idea of what lies around the corner. How good is your perception of that? What is your accuracy rate?
4. With regard to inexperience (actually ineptitude), in predicting the future, what does it mean to celebrate/rejoice in the Lord always? (See Philippians 4:4)
5. How does rejoicing in every circumstance become second nature? Where are you now in that endeavor? What needs to change to improve in this area?