Life Is a Highway: “Yield”- Pastor Bruce Lerum
Genesis 22:1-14; Luke 5:1-8
Abraham had already faced life events that gave him the choice to yield… or not yield.
Challenges are always in our life’s road.
Genesis 22:1-14 “Some time later God tested Abraham. He said to him, “Abraham!” “Here I am,” he replied.
To “yield” doesn’t necessarily mean to “stop.”
However, it may call for a drastic change of direction.
Luke 5:8 When Simon Peter saw this, he fell at Jesus’ knees and said, “Go away from me, Lord; I am a sinful man!”
A “yield” to God is ALWAYS the best choice.
Romans 8:18 “I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.”
1. Abraham began yielding to God, that we know of, when he left his family in Haran. Do you know what it’s like to leave family and move to another “land?”
2. Was that a matter of following God or simply a choice at a time in your life?
3. Abraham was given a much more difficult, and by far the most difficult choice of his life. With what emotions might Abraham wrestled? Does Scripture share any of those with us?
4. Do you think that the strength of Abraham’s faith and his relationship with God prevented him from allowing those emotions to influence his choice to follow God’s command to sacrifice Isaac??
5. When you yield to God, what does that mean for you personally? To what extent do you or have you yielded to God?
6. What will change in your life when you yield or yield even more to God in your life?