Life’s Key Questions: “Why should I read the Bible?” – 2 Timothy 3:16 – Pastor Bruce Lerum
The Bible is the inspired Word of God.
Believing this should transform the way in which we live our lives.
“All Scripture is God-breathed, that is, inspired by God” – 2 Timothy 3:16 (paraphrase)
Martin Luther: “The Bible is alive, it speaks to me; it has feet, it runs after me; it has hands, it lays hold on me.”
The Bible is a mirror for how we live our lives.
“These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts.” – Deuteronomy 6:6
God invites you to read the love–letter He wrote for you.
He invites you into a loving relationship with Him…TODAY!
“Faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.” – Romans 10:17
1. The Bible is a perennial #1 best-seller. What would you see as the reason for that?
2. That being the case, why does our culture fight so vehemently to rid itself of any Christian influence?
3. The Bible has unique power. Do you see that power in your life?
4. If you read the Bible regularly, does reading the Bible change your life from day-to-day?
5. When reading a novel, we will typically favor a certain character. How do you find yourself being affected by reading the Bible? Has the character of Jesus changed your life?