What Will You Do With the Rest of Your Life? – Mark 1:16-20 – Pastor Bruce Lerum
In order to enjoy our heavenly inheritance, we must leave the rubbish behind.
Like the earliest disciples, we are called to stand out, not blend in.
“Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.” – Romans 12:2
Following and serving Jesus is both satisfying and enjoyable.
God’s love through Jesus brings forgiveness, heals scars and restores wholeness.
“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full [more abundantly].” – John 10:10
God wants us to offer Him:
Our time, Our ambitions, Our possessions
“But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” – Joshua 24:15b
1. What would you do differently if you knew you only had 30 more days to live? Should you focus on some of those things even if you weren’t thinking your time was short?
2. What are some of the ways the world tries to squeeze you into its mold? What helps you resist that temptation?
3. Are you aware of people living in ways that are contrary to the clear message of scripture? Has it occurred to you that if you see problem you should address the problem? How prepared are you to do that?
4. What are some ways you might discover God’s priorities for your life more effectively?
5. How have you experienced the truth that your faith may involve making sacrifices?
6. Do you truly believe that God’s plan for your life is better than your own? If so, how did you come to know that?