“Before and After” – Acts 9:1-22
We are easily distracted along the path we call our life.
To appreciate where we are, we must look at where we’ve been.
“As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him.” – Acts 9:3
Plastic surgery changes the body, but not the soul.
Saul’s change was brought about by an act of Jesus that Paul never saw coming.
“Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.” – Romans 12:2
Our response to God determines what our “after” is.
Response begins with surrender.
“My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.” – John 10:27
1. Describe a time when God confronted you on your life journey. How did you respond? What was the result?
2. Not many of us experience blinding light and God’s audible voice. What are some ways God uses to get our attention and speak to us?
3. Is God asking you to be part of someone else’s journey and surrender? What’s your response?
4. Have you chosen to believe in Jesus and place your life in His hands? Why or why not?
5. Read and discuss the following verses. What do they tell you about God’s calling and your response? Ephesians 2:8-9, Revelation 3:20, John 14:21, Psalm 91:15, Romans 12:1-2