“The Upper Room” – Luke 24:36-49 – Pastor Bruce Lerum
Sometimes we choose to be secluded.
When secluded, we often think God is not there; totally absent.
The evidence is clear!
God gives us more than clues throughout the events of the resurrection.
Jesus enters YOUR upper room.
God can open even the most locked up hearts and minds.
1. What surprises you most about Jesus’ appearance to His disciples in the upper room?
2. Looking at this incident, what would you say are the biggest barriers in believing in a “resurrected” Jesus?
3. How do you understand that the resurrected Jesus was both familiar and yet often unrecognizable?
4. Looking at your faith now, how are you different/similar to those earliest disciples?
5. What can this story teach us about the fact that Jesus was fully human and fully divine? Which side of that equation do you tilt?
6. How can you prepare yourself to witness to unbelief and false beliefs?