Pentecost Power – Acts 2:1-42
When something is missing
Locked doors and a resurrected Lord are inconsistent.
The Holy Spirit speaks to our confusion, troubles and anxiety.
There’s nothing like a fire
The fire of the Holy Spirit refines and purifies.
Without the Holy Spirit we’re a mess, with Him, we’re a message.
Live beyond your means
In word and deed let people know you’re living on borrowed power.
Expect the following:
Truth boldly proclaimed
1. Jesus often seems more tangible to us because He walked on earth as one of us. How do think of or view the Holy Spirit?
2. Have you experienced the Holy Spirit in your own life? Describe a time when the Spirit has enabled you to accomplish something unexpected?
3. How is the early church like or different from our churches today? Explain your reasons.
4. What’s the point of God’s power in our lives? How can we find unity in emphasizing the why (or purpose) of God’s power over the what in our churches and communities?
5. For further discussion read 2 Timothy 1:7, Galatians 5:22-23, 1 Corinthians 12:4-7, Romans 8:26-27, 1 Corinthians 2:10-12. What do they tell us about the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives?