Seeing the Big Picture – Acts 7:55-56
The sovereignty of God is such that we are on a “need to know” basis.
If we need to know, God will see to it that we are informed.
Acts 7:3 – Leave your country and your people,’ God said, ‘and go to the land I will show you.
God can’t steer a parked car.
God will steer you once you put yourself in motion.
Luke 23:42 – Then [the thief] said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.
Stephen surrendered without anger…only forgiveness.
The Holy Spirit gives us strength to be transformed so that we can be instrumental in transforming others.
Matthew 5:44 – [Jesus said], But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.
1. What practical steps help you to remember and focus on God’s bigger picture?Are there any beyond the normal spiritual disciples (such as exercising, talking to a friend, writing, drawing, etc.)?
2. When have you been able to deal with hardship because you had a view of something greater?
3. Is there any area of your life where you need to stand for truth? What if you risked negative consequences? What about death?
4. Who do you need to forgive? How might that open the door to recognizing God’s greater work in your life?
5. Read and discuss the following versus. Isaiah 55:8-9, 2 Corinthians 4:16-18, Romans 8:28, 1 Corinthians 13:12, James 1:12. What do they tell you about God’s bigger story in the world and in your life?