“God is Your Father” – Matthew 6:25-32 – Pastor Bruce Lerum
A lot of fathers would not be nominated for “Father of the Year,” much less receive it.
That makes it difficult for some to see God the Father as their loving, caring father.
Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
God literally stoops to our level; to meet us where we are.
God IS involved with and cares about our daily life.
Psalm 121:7-8 “The Lord will keep you from all harm—he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.”
Parents are meant to be wiser than their children.
Think of how much wiser God is than us.
Matthew 6:26 “Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?”
1. What are some qualities of your earthly father/mother that could mess up your understanding of your Heavenly Father?
2. What are some Bible verses you have memorized or could memorize that could help you keep a healthy image of your Heavenly Father?
3. What are some of the important ways that Jesus’ relationship with His Heavenly Father was created and/or reinforced?
4. How do you think you have been affected by the fact that all “man-made” religions are designed to try and manipulate a fickle god?
5. If you’re a parent you know the hopes and dreams you have for your children. What are some of the things you think your Heavenly Father hopes and dreams for you?
6. What are some of the signs/symptoms that you have a healthy and intimate relationship with your Heavenly Father?
7. How might the love of your Heavenly Father fill a void in your life for a parents short-comings or for parents who have died?