“Trust Me!” – Daniel 3:13-18 – Pastor Bruce Lerum
Distractions abound for us at every turn.
Our culture strives to get our attention as it did for Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.
Daniel 3:15 “Now when you hear the sound of the horn, flute, zither, lyre, harp, pipe and all kinds of music, if you are ready to fall down and worship the image I made, very good.”
God is always “able.”
He doesn’t always choose to do what we think needs to be done.
Daniel 3:17 – “If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it.”
At times it feels as if we are in life’s furnace.
Faith means trusting that God can and will deliver us.
John 19:11 – Jesus answered, “You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above.”
1. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were officials in government. They were expected to follow in lock-step. What may have been at stake, initially, even before the threat of being burned alive?
2. Think of a time when you were threatened because of a stand you took. How did you react? Did it make a difference in your life? How?
3. We know that God is able to do anything that He chooses. Knowing and accepting that are two different things. How does our trust move us in aligning our faith with God’s actions?
4. When life “turns up the heat” on us we are compelled to act or react. What determines how we do that? How do we make the correct choice?
5. God is in charge and we are not. What does it take for you to concede control of your life to God? What will change in your life? …in your personality? …in your finances? …in your relationships to family and friends?