“When the Good King Comes” – Matthew 25:31-40 – Pastor Bruce Lerum
We can pray our heads off.
When opportunity is before us, we have a choice.
James 2:15-16 “Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it.”
Lord, who me? I didn’t even know.
I didn’t see you there.
Matthew 25:37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when…”
Faith compels us to act.
Because of what the King did for us, therefore we respond accordingly.
Matthew 25:40 The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.”
1. Scripture assures us that no one, not even Jesus, knows when the last days will come. What does that tell us about how we should prepare?
2. Jesus instructions are actually simple to hear but often difficult for us to follow. What are those instructions? (See James 2 and Matthew 25) What is expected of us?
3. For a follower of Jesus, our actions flow from our faith. To whom are we accountable for those actions? When does that occur?
4. Another word for actions is behavior. When others see our behavior, how does that reflect on Jesus, our King? How does it reflect on the church? On our church?
5. If the King came today; if Jesus came today, what would he say to you? Are you prepared?