“Restored by Reconciliation” – Luke 15:11-22 – Pastor Bruce Lerum
Forgiveness precedes reconciliation.
However, forgiveness doesn’t always guaranty reconciliation.
Genesis 33:1 – “Jacob looked up and there was Esau, coming with his four hundred men.”
The road to reconciliation can be rough.
The destination is worth the trip.
Luke 15:15 – “So he went and hired himself out to a citizen of that country, who sent him to his fields to feed pigs.”
We come to God humbly.
God receives us royally.
Luke 15:22 – “But the father said to his servants, ‘Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him.’”
1. The son wasn’t sure how things would play out when he got home. What were his hopes? How did he prepare?
2. The father knew what he would do; knew he would forgive his son. When do you think he knew what he would do? Why?
3. We can be sure of God’s forgiveness for us. What reconciliation occurs in our relationship with God? How can that be?
4. What part do we play in that reconciliation?
5. In our humble state, God treats us like royalty. Talk about what reconciliation with God has meant in your life.