Sermon – Mark 1: 1-8
Dec 14, 2014
Some times are more challenging than others.
We are challenged to look and move forward at all times.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Be joyful always. Pray continually. Give thanks in all circumstances…
It’s not about us.
We are always preparing the way for someone else.
Mark 1:7 And this was his message: “After me comes the one more powerful than I, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down and untie.
Preparation is not suddenly accomplished. It’s an ongoing process.
Life in Christ requires preparation … preparation … and more preparation!
1 Corinthians 2:9 However, as it is written:
“What no eye has seen,
what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has conceived”—
the things God has prepared for those who love him—
- What was unique about John the Baptist? How did that prepare him for his ministry?
- What do you do to prepare yourself for Christmas? Your home?
- What preparations/traditions do you find most helpful/meaningful?
- Who or what prepared you for your early steps of faith?
- As you look back at your life, what are the ways you can now see that God was at work preparing you for your current life/challenges?
- How is a Godly life an important factor in helping a messenger impact the life of others?
- How are you preparing yourself for the next 5-10 years of your life? For serving God in that time period?